Red Mangrove Plants 6-12" Long x 5
5 Red Mangrove Seed 6-12" inches long. The red mangrove has its name from its stilt roots which appear to be red. It is the most wide-spread mangrove on our planet.
Due to its extraordinary seed, already germinated seeds, the red mangrove manages to enter areas which other types have never reached. Its extremely strong stilt roots and high salinity tolerance level place this mangrove in the first row.
Large quantities of light can hereby be transformed. The red mangrove is without a doubt the most dominant mangrove in the world.
* takes root on rocks and roots (like Anubias & Javafern)
* the plant can be grown in an aquarium/terrarium/vivarium/pot
* tolerates fresh water/ brackish water as well as salt water
* it filters the water (nitrates and phosphates) – whereby it improves the quality of the water
* grows slowly
* average seed size is 6-12 inches
Which Mangroves are perfect for fresh water aquariums?
Red & Grey Mangroves due to their tolerance of high levels of salinity, warmth & cold as well as light - ideal for salt water aquariums. Yellow and Oriental Mangroves are ideal for salt water aquariums since they can also tolerate high levels of salinity, not as high as the red mangrove, but a level of 1.025 can easily be tolerated.
The main difference between these two types of mangroves is that the yellow mangrove remains small and grows very slowly (one pair of leaves every 1-3 months) and the oriental mangrove grows quite rapidly (one pair of leaves every 1-2 weeks).
What benefits do Mangroves have?
* filter nitrates and phosphates better than any other mechanical filter
* produce a better atmosphere in the room or in the aquarium for the fish
* offer a nesting place for nesting
* offer varied green areas outside of sweet water aquariums, or brackish or salt water aquariums
* shorten the settling in time of aquariums up to 80%
* offer wonderful hiding places for young fish and all other